Defining “Bio-Based Fertilisers” and FPR “solely biological origin”
18th January 2024 - Brussels and online, back to back to SOFIE3 (16-17th January 2023, Brussels and online)
The term” Bio-Based Fertilisers” is today being used variously by industry, researchers and the European Commission. An agreed definition and standardised methodology for validating claims are important for market transparency, avoiding greenwashing, scientific clarity, but are today missing. The meeting will discuss a proposed joint position on vocabulary and methodology, taking as a starting point the ESPP document here.
The meeting will bring together the European Commission, industry and fertilisers associations, research projects and stakeholders to discuss
- relevance of bio-based definitions for markets and policy making
- existing official bio-based vocabulary (CEN, ISO, ASTM, plastics sector, industry labels)
- what comparable methodologies could be applied to recycled nutrients in fertilisers and in other applications?
- possible coherence with the EU Fertilising Products Regulation terminology “of solely biological origin”
- proposed joint position and discussion of next steps, possible input to policy makers, to CEN …
Check the preliminary programme here.
Atelier29, Rue Jacques de Lalaing 29, 1000 Bruxelles
- Standard Brussels: 150€ (181,50€ inc-VAT)
- ESPP members Brussels: 50€ (60,50€ inc-VAT)
- Online: free
Available on Eventbrite.