The EU’s new R&D funding programme Horizon2020 includes a number of areas relevant to phosphorus sustainability, with opportunities for research, demonstration, implementation.
Several Horizon 2020 funding calls now open offer opportunities for sustainable phosphorus management projects:
- phosphorus in agriculture: sustainable crop production – external nutrient inputs
- raw materials: sustainable exploration, extraction, processing
- recovery technologies for minerals, specifically focussing on SMEs and demonstration
- cooperation with raw materials producing countries
- nutrient and energy recovery from manures and agricultural wastes
- new solutions for production of raw materials from secondary materials
Details can be found here.