Outcomes 2nd European coordination meeting of nutrient R&D projects (Basel, Switzerland) (PERM)
About 25 nutrient recovery research and demonstration projects met in Basel, Switzerland, 19th October, to discuss project coordination and future research needs. This European Nutrient Event was jointly organised by ESPP, the Phos4You project and Basel Region.
This was the second such European coordination meeting of nutrient R&D projects, following the first meeting organised in Berlin in 2015 (see SCOPE Newsletter n°111). In Basel, the meeting concluded the need to develop continuous exchange between nutrient R&D projects: to avoid the stop-and-go which has resulted in the past from meetings too far apart (2015, 2017) and from coordination organised by projects (three year duration).Other specific proposals included to establish a Mediterranean network on nutrient recycling; structure cooperation between nutrient R&D projects present (such as joint dissemination, back-to-back events at important industry trade fairs); develop an independent panel and data base for evaluation of nutrient recycling technologies, systems, costs; network across projects of demonstration plants in different regions, different types of waste / water, different treatment systems. The Basel 2017 R&D project coordination event followed a first day organised by Phos4You and the German Phosphorus Platform (DPP) discussing the new regulatory obligations for phosphorus recovery in Switzerland and in Germany and presenting available technologies.
- Report outcomes of this European Nutrient Event (SCOPE article in press)
- Slides of the nutrient R&D research projects speed dating session here
- Handout overview of nutrient related R&D projects here
- Summaries of the Swiss-German phosphorus recycling day and of the 2nd European nutrient R&D projects meeting will be published shortly in ESPP’s SCOPE Newsletter (“in press”) on www.phosphorusplatform.eu/scope-in-print/scope-in-press
- All slides are online at www.nweurope.eu/phos4you
- German summary of th meeting at www.deutsche-phosphor-plattform.de/rueckblick-europaeisches-naehrstoffevent
- Conclusions of the 1st European nutrient R&D meeting, Berlin 2015, published by the European Commission at http://bookshop.europa.eu/en/circular-approaches-tophosphorus-pbKI0115204