First workshop on Nitrogen Recovery
ESPP event: Brussels & hybrid, 19 January 2023
ESPP is widening to include recovery for recycling of nitrogen*. A literature search and technology inventory is currently underway**. A first meeting is organised, open to all technology providers and developers:
Literature search and technology inventory conclusions and overview, market perspectives vision
- Why recycle nitrogen? current price and import crises, global nitrogen cycle
- Perspectives from the fertilisers industry, water industry, biogas operators
- Technology sessions, including: ammonia recovery (from gas cleaning or “stripping” of liquids), potential NOx /N2O capture for N recycling, N recovery from liquid phase
- Final panel and discussion: What next? Working Group? Actions?
Save the date: 19th January 2023, Brussels (L42 Centre) & hybrid. Further information and registration will be online soon on ESPP’s website www.phosphorusplatform.eu/NRecovery
To propose a presentation of your process or technology, or on N-recovery context and perspectives, contact Olivier Bastin, ESPP
This workshop will be open, for physical participation in Brussels, to invited participants only. This is necessary to limit numbers in order to enable exchange and discussion on how to engage actions to promote, develop and implement nitrogen recovery for recycling. Online access will not be limited. To obtain your personal code to enable you to participate in Brussels, you should send a request to Olivier Bastin, ESPP indicating what technology, market or regulatory expertise you can bring to this workshop.
Programme of the workshop is available here.
Registration is open here:
Brussels = 100 € - personalised code required
Online = 50 €
* subject to approval of statutes change by ESPP members, to cover recovery of nitrogen and other elements, at the next ESPP General Assembly.
** please send any relevant information to Olivier Bastin