BIOMASA PENINSULAR provides full management services for organic by-products recycling for 2 decades, the core of the circular economy.
The supplied services and industrial activities cover:
- Consulting and Engineering
- Transport, Operation and Maintenance for organics´ recycling plants.
- Production and distribution of Compost, Bio-fertilizers and Solid and recovered biofuels.
BIOMASA participates in the following Associations and organisations:
- European Sustainable Phosphorus Platform (ESPP)
- Member of Spanish Technology Platform of Plant Biotechnology "BIOVEGEN"
www.biovegen.org from December 2014
- Member of Spanish Water Technology Platform "PTEA"
www.plataformaagua.org from March 2015
- Member of Scientific Technological Park of Córdoba
BIOMASA obtained in March 2010 a Certification on Integrated Quality, Environment and Health and Safety, (according to UNE-EN ISO 9001:2008, EN ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007), from the company BMTrada Certification Spain.
BIOMASA is increasing in Research, Development and Innovation Projects, the most relevant for P recycling are the following:
- TL-BIOFER Project. LIFE13ENVES800: “Nutrients and regenerated water recycling in WWTPs through Twin Layer microalgae culture for biofertilizers production” 2014-2017. www.life-tlbiofer.eu
- The LIFE+ TL-BIOFER project aims to address the N and P removal at small and medium-size wastewater treatment plants suitable for specific discharge quality at “sensible zones”.
To reach this objective, the Consortium plans to implement two main actions:
- Developing and operating a Twin Layer (TL) prototype, based on a laboratory model by the University of Cologne, consistent of a serial vertical layers photobioreactors for immobilized microalgae cultures.
- Developing and testing new microalgae bio-fertilisers, that will meet high agronomical standards as well as current and future EU fertilisers regulations. The trials will be conducted in microplots for two different crops in northern Italy and four different crops in Spain.
Demonstration of the TWIN LAYER (TL) Prototype for treatment of 12 m3/day wastewater from the secondary treatment along the two years operation to produce a final effluent compliant with requirements for discharge in sensitive zones . (N=2 mg/L; P=15 mg/L.).
REFERTIL Project 2011-2015. 7th Framework Programme. KBBE.2011.1.2-0: “Improvement of comprehensive bio-waste transformation and nutrient recovery treatment processes for production of combined natural products. “Reducing mineral fertilisers and chemicals use in agriculture by recycling treated organic waste as compost and bio-char products”. www.refertil.info. REFERTIL is member of the ESPP.
C/ Constancia 38, Bajo.
28002 Madrid. SPAIN.
Director: José María Gómez,
R&D: Inmaculada González,
Phone.: +0034 91 3560181